Further development of this design led to an even more unorthodox triplane arrangement in which the middle wing, attached to the forward ends of the upper fuselage longerons, and was foremost and the upper wing rearmost.
A second example was acquired for evaluation by the RFC on January 26, 1917, but its flying characteristics were found to be unacceptable.
A third variant, this differing in having a Nieuport 17bis fuselage and an 130 hp Clerget engine and with more streamlined fairings on the side, went to the RNAS in March 1917. It went to the No.11 (Naval) Squadron. The triplane underwent tests against a Nieuport 17bis while with the squadron, and was judged to be slightly faster near the ground, but it was unserviceable by May 3rd 1917.